The contents you are looking for have been moved as an experiment... You will be redirected to the new location automatically in approximately 5 seconds, if not, please click -> yellipsis.blogspot.com

all the world's a stage

I needed to stay away from news and refrain from forming opinions. But that's what I didn't do. I caught the day's fever.

So here I am, watching Hubble service mission STS-125 live and munching on information about uniform civil code, personal law, religious law, polygamy and past history of a nation that has gone to vote. The Space crafts in tango continue their fall around the Earth yet another time. It is very important to know your position in the universe. Very important. Far below, there are various things happening and in one section, numbers, that are the translation of millions of voices, captured in the form of ballots, are being tallied. It is a very minimal language available to elect these politicians and entrust them to shape your future. I have found politics to be repulsive. But lately, not so much. May be I realize that the problem is not the process - you can't build a fool proof system. When your inner governance is failing, there's nothing one can do outside. Alliances in a coalition government are formed and reformed with a sole goal of getting into power. Parties do make populist offers to get vote. And even the people who are a little different and actually want to run a government by taking stern decisions are forced into uncharacteristic propaganda. With all these open secrets, it is the most affected who vote the most. And their choices are simple - when your needs are basic, who ever provides them is your candidate. How does the next government or the far future matter to someone who has to think of surviving the next day, month and year somehow? I opine that no election can capture enough voice from people. Things are more complex than just a vote. So politicians should just tell themselves that they are the lesser evil that people have chosen. Wait. They already know this. An average, by definition, is not the clear choice. Even a 100% 'for' vote still does not make an elect, perfect - the elect was just preferred over the rest. And the system is better than chaos for a society that cannot govern from the inside.

What all this means is, governance is about bridging the gaps in society. All sorts of gaps. Their job is to act like an all permeating semi permeable protecting transparent conducting elastic sheath kind of glue. A stem cell. A something that is intelligent with no identities. And it is never going to happen.

No comments: